[Sonar] 'All Is Lost' move about singlehanding on Thursday at 7:10

Mark Kochendorfer markoch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 21:24:58 CDT 2013

Well I have to say that I thought the movie was pretty bad.  You never
actually see the boat sailing at all.  Must have filmed it in a big tank of
water somewhere.  The depiction of the storm, the accident, was totally
cheesy.

Do yourself a favor and go rent The Dove 1974 and see a true story and some
great cinematography.  Produced by Gregory Peck no less.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Thomas Brown <tbrown9164 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A good new movie about singlehanding is out that I'm hearing great reviews
> about, especially if you like Robert Redford.
>
> "All is Lost'
> http://www.moviefone.com/movie/all-is-lost/62400/main
>
> Some of us are planning to go to it on Thursday at 7:10 if you'd like to
> join us at the Landmark theater in the 50th and France area.
>
> I'm sure those of us who have been offshore on a boat that has a couple
> feet or more of water sloshing around in it can appreciate this one.
>
> --
> Thomas Brown
> "Maximizing Business by Minimizing Surprises"

Mark