[Sonar] Put it in your calendar: Feb 11 for Sonar white elephant social!

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:49:23 CST 2017

We have a venue:   Chris Fittipaldi's mountaintop resort in Wayzata,  a
block from the club.   Time:  6:30

Bring: libation for the cooler or cork puller,  or a dish, or finger food.

White Elephant rules:

Bring your most intriguing (preferably sailing related) item,  wrapped and
leave it at the door as you come in.

Some perennial good gift ideas are the ever useful 'flexible' spinnaker
pole, or a collection of Mount Gay Rum regatta hats from as early in
recorded history as possible.

hint:  fancy gift wrapping will make your gift highly sought after.    Also
something that is big or heavy is often popular as well (e.g. pet rocks)

Leave your gift at the stack that will form near the doorway, and pick up
one for yourself, but don't open it at that time.

Feel free to snatch someone else's gift at anytime while it is still
wrapped.  Per the rules,  the taker must be obliged while the gift is still
wrapped.

Sometime after the party is well under way, we'll all open our gifts
together.  Feel free to trade afterwards (common consent) but after
unwrapping,  the giver doesn't have to give if they choose not to.

Thomas Brown