[Sonar] "In the Zone' rules led discussion

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 08:14:29 CDT 2017

This is just a reminder that our 'In the Zone' led rules discussion is
postponed for tonight (May 19).

We will reschedule after the graduation/wedding 'season' is over,  so keep
those ideas in your notebook.

HOWEVER:

I did put the 3 boat length marking on A dock.  At the very end of the dock
you'll see some Sharpie shoe outlines,  which indicates where the race
course mark would be,  and the Zone is stepped out at 69 feet (and other
lengths for other classes) are marked with Sharpie and a white stripe of
spray paint.

Hopefully that will last for a while without getting washed out.   The
markings are pretty small,  so you'll need to look close.

If you stand at the Sonar white stripe, and look out to the end of the
dock,  that is 18 inches longer than 3 boat lengths.   For a better
visualization,  you can put a willing crew member right at the end of the
dock at the foot outline to get a perspective. (that's why I added the 18")

Thomas Brown