[Sonar] Request for Boat Loans

Samuel Bartel srbartel4 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 13:58:16 CDT 2019

Hi all,

My name is Samuel Bartel. I'm not sure that I have met all of you yet, but
I hope that I can during the sailing season next year! I sailed on Chilly
Willy this past summer with my family and Will Foster, and I have been
floating around on a few J22s, Sonars, and J70s over the past few years.

I'm the skipper for the UW Madison Match Race Team, and in two weeks we'll
be headed to Marblehead, MA to compete in college match race nationals. *We're
planning to come to Wayzata this weekend (Oct. 26-27) *to practice for the
event, *but we can't do this without boats to practice on.*

*I'm wondering if any of you in the sonar fleet would be willing to let us
borrow your boat for a day and a half of practice, or even for a couple of
hours? We'd be happy to pay you for your generosity by helping pull your
boat out of the water, giving you some New Glarus beer, or finding another
form of payment.*

Our goal this year is to place in the top 5 at nationals, but we're going
to need a solid weekend of practice to make this happen. Any help would be
greatly appreciated! Feel free to call, text, or email me anytime.

Thank you,
Samuel Bartel
Wisconsin Sailing Practice Captain
srbartel4 at gmail.com