[Sonar] Well wishes and victory to our own WYC Sonar team at the 2021 Mallory Cup this next week!

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 11:42:48 CDT 2021

All:

I just wanted to let you know that we have our own Sonar fleet represented
at the Adult US Sailing championships (a.k.a. the esteemed Mallory Cup)  in
Kemah Texas  (on Galveston Bay) the coming weekend:

Marty Fossen     (Sonar#391 'Surley Angel')
Bernt Helgaas   (Sonar #370  'Helm's Deep)
Gary Applebaum ( Bridges Point 24 - next 'door' to 'Helm's Deep)    (I
guess some Sonar spirit rubbed off on Gary)

I think I speak for all of us that we wish them the best of luck,  and know
that they will represent Sonar flet #5 and WYC very well.    Marty knows
Galveston Bay from our team racing there and of course,  he and Bernt know
the Sonar, so I am confident that they will be amongst the best of the
competitors vying for this honor.

To follow the results as they become available:

https://www.ussailing.org/competition/championships/2021-u-s-adult-sailing-championship/

Thomas Brown