The Weathermark at wyc.org - May 13th, 2004

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Thu May 13 12:49:47 CDT 2004

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  May 13th, 2004

THIS ISSUE:
- Bert-n-Ernie Show: attend, and especially need guest skippers or boats.
- Club spring meeting non-event: Second Monday of June 7:00pm
- Advertise in the Club Log: Last Chance
- AIS Participation Points
- Crane Fees
- Dues Reminder: No pay, No score. Ernie means business this year.
- LOWISA

-----------------------------
BERT-n-ERNIE SHOW
The classic of all WYC Seminars is underway. We had 35 boats out last
weekend. This is a great chance to invite a friend who's interested in
seeing what it's all about.
Sailing this Saturday and next...
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/Bert-n-Ernie_show-Saturdays.htm
Classroom seminar next Tuesday...
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/Bert-n-Ernie_show-Tuesdays.htm

SPRING MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Our club bylaws required spring meeting will be at the club on June 14th at
7:00pm (at the beginning of the regularly scheduled board meeting). No
business is scheduled for this meeting, however all interested family
members are welcome to address the board at this time with your comments.

ADVERTISE IN THE CLUB LOG
If you are a salesperson or small business owner, this is a no-brainer.
We're way past our deadlines for accepting ads, but that's never stopped
anyone in the past from sending in those last minute ads. Please visit
http://www.wyc.org/Logads.PDF for details or call Steve Bren @ 612-701-3230.

AIS PARTICIPATION POINTS
As we all know, it's not a meeting until you've made a new rule. So at the
last board meeting we made a rule that says WYC sailors may receive "extra
participation points" for crewing on a boat in an AIS event. Contact Jon
McDonagh if you'd like to be hooked up with a skipper.

CRANE FEES
The crane is working, except for the part where you have to pay to use it.
If Bren has not already tracked you down, get your money in before he finds
you. $45 for a single put-in, or $175 for a season pass.

DUES REMINDER
Ernie would like to remind everyone that if your boat is listed in the
"Pending Fleet", that means you won't be scored. If you are on this list,
it's likely because you didn't register to race this season, or you haven't
paid your dues. If you race while in the pending fleet, your DSQ'd races
will NOT be restored after you've paid up.
http://www.wyc.org/Results/boatlist.asp

L.O.W.I.S.A.
The Lake of the Woods International Sailing Association will be at the club
after this Sunday's race (May 16th) to answer questions about sailing
LOWISA. Please stop by and thank them for the musical entertainment they are
bringing with them. New this year, LOWISA will have a Crew Matching service
for crew members. Note: you're not considered a REAL member of WYC until
you've completed at least one LOWISA!!!  http://www.lowisa.org/

Sail Fast!!!!!!!!!!!