The Weathermark at wyc.org - October 7, 2005

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri Oct 7 16:08:31 CDT 2005

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  October 7, 2005

THIS ISSUE
- WSF Cup
- Banquet Auction Donations Needed
- Bring the Trophies In
- Trophy Photos
- Sonar Great Lakes Champ
- Fall Farm Fest
- Frostbite Racing in 420's For All
- Gophers Rock
-----------------------------

WSF CUP
Marty Solhaug bought his way to victory last Saturday. I saw him staking out
the WSF registration table, but I thought the cheep ways of J22 sailors
would be enough to keep me in the lead. I WAS WRONG! But I have three more
weeks to save up and buy down my score to pass him. If you don't want to buy
points for your boat, buy them for my boat. Please!

Do yourself a favor and enter the WSF CUP to raise money for youth sailing.
Look for the registration table and sign up or just buy more points. .Why
waste money on sailmakers, riggers, coaches, and speed doctors in such an
underhanded way. Just be honest about it and send the money to a good cause.
Look what it did for Korinke.
Fleet Results:  http://www.wyc.org/Results/ResultsDisplay.asp?Race_Id=1296
Overall Results:  http://www.wyc.org/Results/ResultsDisplay.asp?Race_Id=1292

WSF AUCTION DONATIONS NEEDED
The silent auction is our major youth fund raiser for the season. So if you
want to have crew in 2015, you better donate some items to the auction in
2005. This happens 100% from club members (family, annual, and crew). The
Silent Auction is held at the WYC Banquet on Saturday November 12. Donated
items will be picked up prior to the event from the clubhouse. Please
contact  Mary.Foster at target.com or (612) 961-1173 to donate!

Past donated items included:
Electronics, Beauty Products - gift bags, spa treatments, Art, Sailing Gear,
Clothing, Wine, Wine Tastings, Lessons - sailing, music, Training -
computer, software, Consulting - business, computer, financial, Tickets -
professional sports, collegiate, theater, orchestra, etc.

BRING THE TROPHIES IN
Time to start getting those trophies back to the club so that they can be
set up for the banquet. The drill is simple.
1. polish on - polish off
2. If you didn't engrave your name by now, better hope the next winner does
it for you.
3. Leave them at the clubhouse by the computer before October 22nd.
4. Even if you won, you still bring them in.

TROPHY PHOTOS
I have it on good authority that trophy photos will be posted before the end
of the weekend at www.WYC.org. The good, the bad, and the ugly; it's all
going to be there.  www.DallasJohnson.net/Photo

SONAR GREAT LAKES CHAMP
Congratulations to John Sligh for winning the Sonar Great Lakes
Championship. Five WYC Sonars traveled down to Lake Geneva Wisconsin and
competed in the Sonar Great Lakes Championship on October 1 & 2. For a
complete story, click the appropriate link at  www.sonar.org

FALL FARM FEST
October 15th (Saturday) is the day, 6:00pm is the time, and Dougie's farm is
the place. It's birthday party time for Jacko and a host of others.
Directions and details will be copiously posted on clubhouse doors, windows,
and urinals.

FROSTBITE RACING IN 420's
MYC is excited to invite anyone and everyone to race during October in
420's.  It is open to all WYC and MYC sailors high school, college, youths
and adults interested in doing some late season racing in a fun and exciting
boat.  Sign up with your child or find a crew and get ready for some short
coarse fun in the crisp fall air at MYC.  Bring some wieners to grill and
your favorite post race beverage.  Racing begins on October 1st at 3:00 PM
and will run on Saturdays through October 30th.  The cost will be $60 (made
out to MYC) for the entire series. Please E-mail Jeff Solum to sign up.
Jeff's e-mail is jeff_solum at starkey.com.

GO GOPHERS
The University of Minnesota Sailing Team made it three regattas wins in a
row by winning the Midwest Sloop Championships!  For only the second time in
the history of the team, the Gophers are going to the College North American
Sloop Championships October 28 - 30.  The NAs will be sailed in Lightning's
on the waters of Gull Lake in Michigan.  Congratulations to seniors and
co-captains Mark Dunsworth and Jenny Wilson and to sophomore Dave Elsmo!

See you at the WSF Cup Registration Table Saturday Morning.