The Weathermark at wyc.org - September 23, 2005

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri Sep 23 09:26:46 CDT 2005

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  September 23, 2005

THIS ISSUE
- Fall Regatta
- WSF Cup
- Banquet Planning Party
- Silent Auction
- U-Gotta
- ADA Regatta Support
-----------------------------

WYC FALL REGATTA
This is your last chance at a full weekend regatta. Cool weather, sweet
awards from First Minnetonka City Bank, chili after the races, and we're
working on having the Vikings game on the big screen projector after the
Sunday race. Best of all, everyone races together. None of that hoity toity
one design regatta stuff, everyone plays in this regatta. Please visit our
long time sponsor at http://www.fmcbank.com/

WSF CUP
A huge success last year which raised thousands of dollars to support youth
sailing at our club. So cheat like mad in the one race where you can truly
buy a win. Why waste money on sailmakers, riggers, coaches, and speed
doctors. Just find Ernie before the Commodore Cup Races and buy down your
final race score. Last year Off-Line won the regatta with a -20 point total.
When was the last time Lars, or Chad, or JD, or even YOU won a regatta with
a negative point total? Heck, Dennis Conner's never even done that.

So step up to the plate, register, and donate some money to a good cause.
Bring your checkbook to the clubhouse before the start of the Commodore Cup
Races, look for the registration table, and buy yourself a win...just like
they do in the America's Cup. Except this is for a good cause.
www.wyc.org/wsf

BANQUET PLANNING
Hey, we're looking for some people to be a part of planning the Banquet.
This is fun, and it's a great way to give back to the club and meet people
from different fleets. Show up Monday September 26th at 7:00pm at WYC for an
initial planning meeting. Contact Merry Beth Hovey with questions or just
show up.

SILENT AUCTION
Every single person at the club can contribute an item to the WSF silent
auction. This is the single biggest fundraiser of the year for the WSF, and
it only happens with your donations (and subsequent bids).  If you don't
have a product or service, just go buy something nice and let people bid on
that.  Contact Mary.Foster at target.com or call 612-961-1173 to donate.

U-GOTTA
U gotta racea the regatta next weekenda in you twentyfoura to be a coola
saila. www.wyc.org/j24

ADA REGATTA
The regatta is over, but the disease goes on. We're looking for some people
to represent the WYC ADA Regatta at the Annual Diabetes Expo on Saturday
October 1st at the downtown Convention Center. A great opportunity to get a
t-shirt and represent WYC and what the ADA Regatta does to raise
awarness/money. Contact Susan Klimek at the ADA for info...phone
763-593-5333 x 6591.

Great music last night Slow Dancin' Dick Hanson!  See you at the Banquet
Planning Party!