The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - May 24th, 2007

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Thu May 24 14:16:35 CDT 2007

The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - May 24th, 2007

This Issue
- Thursday Menu
- Log Book DNS
- ADA Regatta
- The BIG Story
-----------------------------

THURSDAY MENU
Pork Tenderloin and Tuna, green pea salad, and a fancy dessert. Folks, if
you ate last week you know that this food is almost as fancy as the new
clubhouse remodel. A great menu, so bring a 10 spot and put it in your tummy
after the race.

LOG BOOK - Last Call, Info Update and DNS
- May 31st is the last call for getting your membership information in the
club log book.
- If you have information you'd like updated for your log info, May 31st is
the deadline.
- Do Not Solicit- DNS. We're going to start including a small DNS note next
to the names of people who would not like to have any mail solicitations
sent to them. You can also have your name excluded from the log book if you
desire.
- Just send an e-mail to Accounts at wyc.org with your name and the information
you'd like updated or note saying you would like to be listed as DNS or
Unlisted in the log book.

ADA REGATTA
June 9-10th is just a few days away, here's a couple points to keep in mind.
- Fleets & Fleet Splits: After registration closes, decisions will be made
regarding fleet splits for fleets that have less than six boats registered.
If you are in a small fleet, please voice your opinions of what you would
like when you register. This is supposed to be fun, and it's all about what
you want.
- Last year's afternoon racing and evening parties were well received and
we'll be continuing this practice.
- Raise $500 in donations and your entry fee is waived!
- http://wyc.org/ada.htm

THE BIG STORY
The worst kept secret at WYC this year has been the proposed purchase of the
property west of the clubhouse by the Wayzata Sailing Foundation. We have
not been very public about this project as plans are being developed and are
changing, but we are now approaching a point where we have things to talk
about. At our recent membership meeting we discussed a couple key points
with our members regarding this project.
1.  It's really a Wayzata Sailing Foundation Project. The intent is that
this will be a Wayzata Community Sailing Center with youth programs, public
access, meeting space, and a wider range of programs that can not be offered
on the cramped west end of our parking lot. This is a project that will
benefit the entire community of Wayzata and Wayzata Bay.
2. We are seeking to fund this project largely through charitable 501(c)3
donations. Past Commodore Denny Sanford has stepped up with a 1 million
dollar donation, and we are currently seeking additional donations to secure
the remainder of the purchase price. So be nice when you get a call from a
passionate fellow sailor to talk about how you can help.
3. We are not planning a dedicated increase in dues, or moorings. There will
not be a membership assessment, such as was used in the past when acquiring
the East and West lot parcels. Any financial commitment from the club, as a
corporation, will be based on the value of direct benefits the club will
receive from the sailing center and will be within our existing capital
improvements budget. A neighboring community sailing center will be a huge
asset to help with parking and space issues that can help to alleviate both
club and neighborhood congestion.
4. Several members of our community are voluntarily stepping up to help
making this Community Sailing Center a reality. More information will be
forthcoming as we focus on completing the acquisition. Stay tuned, and
please feel free to talk to any WYC or WSF board members with questions or
suggestions.

This is going to be a great thing that will benefit local sailors, local
schools, and the citizens of Wayzata.

See you at G-2, hopefully the rain will stop!