The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - May 14th, 2007

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Mon May 14 11:41:30 CDT 2007

The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - May 14th, 2007

This Issue
- Club Public Meeting
- Thursday Food
- Kattack at WYC
- ADA Regatta
- Sailing School
-----------------------------

NOTICE OF OPEN BOARD MEETING FOR FAMILY MEMBERS
7:00pm - May 14th - WYC Clubhouse
As we announced several weeks ago, all registered members of WYC are invited to attend our regular open meeting to update our members on several current topics:
 - MN DOT plans for Co Rd 101 / McGinty Road and affects on East Parking Lot
 - Parking solutions / being a good neighbor
 - Crew membership drive
 - Mid-Year Financial Update
 - Property acquisition plans for land west of club (a/k/a Rosekrans property) and the proposed Community Sailing Center. Yes, we will be talking about the most public secret at the club this spring. This has been a developing situation and we are finally at a point that we can talk publicly about this incredible opportunity for our community.

Board members will be communicating important information, soliciting member feedback and be available to answer questions and dispel rumors. No voting or action will be taken at this meeting.

THURSDAY FOOD
As part of our ongoing effort to keep up to MYC, we've asked Connie Blanchard (who does MYC Wednesday night food) to help with our Thursday night food service. Connie kicks up some killer grub, so plan on a nice sit down and a great meal.
This week...
- Garden Salad with Balsamic Vinegar and Oil Dressing
- Crusty Breads with Butter
- Grilled Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Garlic
- Lemon Chicken with Capers
- Roasted Mushrooms and Zucchini
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Olives, Tomatoes, and Chickpeas
- Homemade Pound Cake Infused with Brandied Rhubarb Sauce

KATTACK at WYC
One more reminder....
- Bring your Garmin USB GPS unit and track your race.
- Bring it to the clubhouse after racing to have your race tracked.

ADA REGATTA
June 9th - 10th. You should have received your registration and fundraising forms in the mail. It's time to start planning your first key regatta of the summer. And get those lazy crew members to pull their weight by doing some fund raising!  http://wyc.org/ada.htm

WAYZATA SAILING SCHOOL
Spring racing programs are currently running and summer camps are filling fast. The camp programs are for any kid who has an interest in sailing or needs to have an interest in sailing (which is all of them). Don't you wish your parents sent you to sailing camp when you were a kid? So send your kids, tell your neighbors, send an e-mail about http://www.wayzatasailing.org/