Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - April 15, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Apr 15 09:11:19 CDT 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - April 15, 2008

This Issue
- Seminar THIS Thursday - Cappy Capper
- ADA - Sponsorship, Wine Party, and Auction
- Docks and the Dark Side
- Clean Up Day
- Fleet Captain's Meeting
- Team WYC Clothing
- Membership Slacker Notice
- Kattack

WELCOME BACK
OK, it's been a long winter and we have plenty of important news bits. Read
carefully!

SEMINAR THIS THURSDAY
This month's seminar is with WCSC Director Cappy Capper on 4-17-08 at 6:30.
One of the most highly certified sailing instructors in the country, Cappy
will be giving us a rules brush up and hopefully he'll include some
iceboating rules considering how the lake ice is looking. More importantly,
you can also brush up on your socializing and hand sailing skills during the
preceding social hour. Pizza and refreshments are included, proceeds go to
support the sailing school.

AMERICAN DIABETES REGATTA
The ice should be off the lake by June 14th and 15th. A couple big items to
discuss....
http://www.wyc.org/ada.htm

- SPONSORSHIP: Four days until our brochures are printed and we are WITHOUT
A TITLE SPONSOR. Club members, you can have your company name associated
with a well known charity on thousands of printed items, t-shirts, news
lines, banners, and e-blasters; and it's all tax deductible. Seriously, a
great marketing opportunity. 5k and 10k plans are still available, but you
need to call this week. Call Ryann at ADA 763-593-5333 x 6598

- WINE TASTING PARTY: We're sponsoring a wine tasting party on Friday before
the regatta. This will be a bit like an open house and will bring in a whole
new group of people. And yes, title sponsors will get additional exposure.
We will be working with MANY Wayzata business' and will be focused on
non-sailors. Want to help? Contact Bob Carpenter jalapeno334 at yahoo.com

- SILENT AUCTION ITEMS: We need items. Remember your donation is tax
deductible, so think about a big donation. Auction donors are eligible to
win some twin's tickets, so step up. Everyone has something to donate. Call
Ryann at ADA (763-593-5333 x 6598 or rrathman at diabetes.org ) and say I'd
like to donate a....

DOCKS AND THE DARK SIDE
We have four open slips right now. If you have a friend sitting on the fence
looking to race their boat, this is the time to act. If the slips are not
filled soon, we will open them to power boats. Club members with power boats
can receive a special deal based on availability. Contact Steve Ben to learn
more. 612-701-3230 - manager at wyc.org

CLEAN-UP DAY THIS SATURDAY
Hey, you don't need the ice off the lake to partake in the annual club clean
up day. The program is simple. Show up around 9:00 and look for the job
board or ask Tom Sawyer (aka Steve Bren) what you can help out with. First
come first serve on the power tools!

FLEET CAPTAINS MEETING
During cleanup day we're going to have our annual fleet captain meeting at
10:00 in the clubhouse. This is a good time to tell your fleet captain
anything you'd like communicated to the RC or the club.

WYC CLOTHING
This is the season for getting team clothing together. WYC embroidered
clothing is available in our online store. Adding additional lines of
embroidered text for team clothing is a snap. If our selection isn't enough
for you, ANY clothing from Coral Reef can be embroidered. Just place those
orders by phone. 15% of your sale goes to support WYC special programs.
WYC Ship Store: http://coralreefsailing.net/wayzata_yc_shipstore
Entire Catalog: http://coralreefsailing.net/online_catalog

MEMBERSHIP SLACKER NOTICE
We've taken a new tack in the long running battle of crew memberships. In
fairness to existing members we've made crew membership a requirement for
individuals who sail in more than six races annually. After year's of brow
beating, this seemed like the fairest and most simple solution. Step up or
step aside.
http://www.wyc.org/about.htm#How%20to%20Join

KATTACK 2008
This year race viewing subscriptions will be FREE. All you need to do is
have a GPS unit to track your races. Pick up a GPS unit (as low at $135 now)
and plan to make race tracking part of your 2008 program. 2007 races are
also online for free. And if you're running Windows Vista, no worries.  GPS
Recommendations at
http://www.kattack.com/Support/HardwareRequirements/tabid/62/Default.aspx

Don't forget to check out the print weathermark
http://dnn.wyc.org/Community/WeathermarkNews/tabid/272/Default.aspx

Wow, congratulations on making it to the bottom. See you Thursday at the
seminar.