Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - July 18, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri Jul 18 09:59:03 CDT 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - July 18, 2008

This Issue
- Night Crawler
- Sailing Center Classes
- Website Scoring
-  J24 NA's - Plane Tickets
- 394 Traffic
- Offshore Racing

NIGHT CRAWLER
The Night Crawlers have been going strong lately with Crawladore Craiggae and Crawladorable Valerie at the helm. The SI's are vague, the results are open to interpretation, but the goal is clear...a great evening sail around the lake on a full moon night. We're looking at a great sail on Saturday night, the weather is favorable. Racing starts on the patio around 6:00 on Saturday, be there.
http://www.wyc.org/tabid/515/Default.aspx

SAILING CENTER CLASSES
The sailing center has some class openings remaining this summer for the expanded programs. The new J22 programs (thanks for the J22 donation Cool Family) allow for some great new classes. Camp keelboat classes for teenagers and adult keelboat classes (ideal for those spouses who don't think you're such a great sailing instructor).
Check them out....
- 420 Camp for teenagers - http://www.wayzatasailing.org/tabid/147/Default.aspx
- J22 Youth Camp - http://www.wayzatasailing.org/tabid/164/Default.aspx
- J22 Adult Lessons - http://www.wayzatasailing.org/tabid/307/Default.aspx

WEBSITE SCORING
Our scoring woes appear to be abating as past results are now in and it appears we might have series results for the early summer race series'. Thanks to Neil Flood and Jonathan McDonagh for their assistance with thwarting our hacker friends.  Your two weeks to fix scoring errors starts now, please contact your fleet captain with any errors.
http://www.wyc.org/tabid/262/Default.aspx

J 24 NA's
Running a national level regatta is tons of effort and 10's of thousands of dollars in expenses. The J24 fleet would love a few additional sponsors, and if nothing else even frequent flyer miles would help them to fly in the required international jury of judges. Able to pitch in? Contact them at http://www.j24northamericans.com

394 TRAFFIC
Blake has been clear that he will NOT delay the Thursday night starts just because you got stuck in the road construction on 394. Leave early, take alternate routes, try the service road, ride a bike.
http://www.startribune.com/local/22869059.html?location_refer=Homepage:latestNews:4

OFFSHORE RACING
I'm very sorry if you get sick of me going off about offshore racing, but I don't care. The Mac starts on Saturday and WYC has a few boats flying the burgee. Links are on the www.WYC.org to follow the boats and their progress.  Eric Thomas (DYC) is apparently in the top three in the Solo-Transpac and has even had an attempted boarding by a sea lion. Links are on www.wyc.org, but I have yet to find the actual event updates.

Have a Great NIGHT CRAWLER!