Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - July 30, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Wed Jul 30 08:37:59 CDT 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - July 30, 2008

This Issue
- Mac Results
- IRC Nationals
- US Double Hand Jr. Championship
- US Single Hand Championship
- Capri C Dock Party
- Other Stuff

Hey, it's the dog days of summer and there's lots of stuff going on. Our
club has some sailors doing great things this summer, so make sure to wish
them well or ask how things went. Sorry if I've missed anyone.

MAC
The Mac is done and everyone has survived except their scoring system which
got hit by the same virus that hit our website. Congratulations to Chippewa
and their third in class, Chewbacca was running well until the Gray's Reef
restart, Zig Zag finished respectable, and Lickety Split won the party by
successfully pulling the centerboards of their catamaran and backing right
up to the Pink Pony patio to tie off. That's the Spirit!
http://racetomac.nemexinc.com/results.cfm

IRC NATIONALS
Chewbacca moved on from the Mac to the IRC National Championships last week
and won Division III. Kind of a big deal, so congratulations to Chewy, Hans,
Princesses Leah, and all the Jedi on Chewbacca.
http://www.ltyc.org/

US DOUBLE HANDED JR CHAMPIONSHIP
Special Kaye Siemers and Hilary Kenyon of the Wayzata Jr. Sailing Team have
recently qualified for the US Double Handed National Championship and are
currently competing. This is a ladder event and this is the first time a WYC
sailor has qualified for it. Results are typically scarce, but Kaye is one
of only three female teams and I've heard they are currently doing very
well. This event is sailed in 420's.
http://ussailing.org/championships/youth/usjr/double/

US SINGLE HANDED JR CHAMPIONSHIP
Eric Sauter has qualified for the US Single Handed National Championship and
will also be competing this week. This event is sailed in Lasers. Again,
sort of a big deal.
http://ussailing.org/championships/youth/usjr/single/

CAPRI 25 DOCK PARTY
- The national party championships will be held August 24th on C Dock. The
theme is rock bands and it's shaping up to be a big party. So plan ahead.
- The Annual Capri Intergalactic Championship is also forming into a One
Design Regatta for non-J-boats. Keep your ears tuned for more info or just
start making up gossip.

OTHER STUFF TO PUT ON YOUR RADAR
- Match Racing Monday Nights! - It's back, and it's hot! Contact Lars Hansen
if you want to crew or if you have a J22 to bring out and play with.
http://www.wyc.org/tabid/321/Default.aspx
- Night Crawlers are going well. - Contact the Crawladore and Crawladorable
for info on the next August 16th sail.
http://www.wyc.org/tabid/515/Default.aspx
- J22 Worlds will have plenty of WYC boats attending August 19-24.
http://myyc.org/j22worlds
- J24 NA's - It's going to be HUGE! Coming mid September. Find a boat, offer
to volunteer, get in sponsor opportunities.
http://www.j24northamericans.com/pages/J24contact.html
- Richardson Trophy - Our Big Match Racing Deal for October.
http://www.lmsrf.org/yrugl/R_trophy.htm