Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - June 5, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Thu Jun 5 15:27:52 CDT 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - June 5, 2008

This Issue
- Wine On Wayzata Bay
- ADA Regatta
- ADA Boat Donations
- A Series Party
- Advance Crew Training
- Parking at the Sailing Center
- RaceWeek
- Open Bic Demo Day
- MYC Open House
- UMYC Open House

WINE ON WAYZATA BAY
150 different wines from the Wayzata Muni, food from Wayzata Restarurants, Live Music, Silent Auction, And the most fun you can have for a tax deductible donation. This is an event for sailors and non-sailors. Please spread the word (invite your friends) and purchase tickets online at www.WineOnWayzataBay.com

ADA REGATTA
Just click the "Regatta" button at www.WineOnWayzataBay.com and you can download a registration form, or you can register on Friday night or Saturday Morning.

BOAT DONATIONS
We're running ahead of schedule on boat donations already. It's so easy this year, just e-mail dallas at dallasjohnson.net and we'll set your boat up to receive online payments. Then just e-mail your friends asking them to donate to your team and your done. It's so easy even a boat skipper can do it. Just click the "donate to your team" button at www.wyc.org

A SERIES PARTY
Sunday after the race we're having a massive Corn Feed (with brats, beans, and sugar stuff) courtesy of the J22 fleet. Why? Because we love butter, and sailing, but not necessarily in that order.
www.JustBeThereSunday.com

ADVANCE CREW TRAINING
One more week left, this time it's for Trimmers.
June 10 - Trimmer  -  Time: 6:00-8:30 pm
Member Cost: $10 per session
Non-member Cost: $15 per session
http://dnn.wyc.org/Seminars/AdvancedCrewTraining/tabid/248/Default.aspx

PARKING AT WYC and the SAILING CENTER
Bert has provided us with an update of the sailing center, it's recent CUP approval, and the all important issue of parking.
http://dnn.wyc.org/Community/WeathermarkNews/0806ParkingUpdate/tabid/466/Default.aspx

APOSTLE ISLANDS RACEWEEK
The best summer regatta in the world, and it's right here (well...a bit
north of here). There's even a cruising class this year.
https://usa.regatta-manager.com/Regatta/RegattaPage.do?page=home&clubContext=wayzata&regattaContext=BRW08

OPEN BIC DEMO DAY
The Sailing Center will have some demo Bic Boats to beat on Friday June 6th from 2-5pm. Come by and see what it's all about. Maybe the kids need a new boat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l6wIzg3SKI or
http://wayzatasailing.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=9QC8MSN%2bljE%3d&tabid=126&mid=499

MYC OPEN HOUSE
This is your chance to see how the other half lives. From 1:30 to 4:30 on Saturday you can swing by and sail a scow and ride a pontoon boat and all that cool stuff.
http://www.minnetonkayachtclub.org/

UPPER MTKA OPEN HOUSE
This is your chance to see how the other half of the other half lives. On Friday from 4-8pm you can mooch food and drinks from UMYC at their downtown Spring Park club location while taking some boat rides and learning about their recently re-formed sailing school.
http://www.umyc.org/

Watch out for Witches on bicycles at tonight's G Series Race!