Weathermark e-Blaster @ wyc.org - June 10, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Jun 10 09:53:04 CDT 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster @ wyc.org - June 10, 2008
American Diabetes WYC Summer Regatta - Special Announcements

The Annual WYC Summer Regatta is THIS weekend. Here are a couple of things
to know....

WINE ON WAYZATA BAY
Tickets are still available for the first annual Wine On Wayzata Bay this
Friday night. This Wine Tasting with over 150 wines, music, food from
Wayzata restaurants, and a silent auction is going to be the spectacular
social event of the summer. Bring your spouse, invite your neighbors, it's a
good time and a good cause. You don't have the be in the regatta or be a
racer, you only need to purchase tickets online or at the door (if it's not
sold out). www.WineOnWayzataBay.com

RACE REGISTRATION
You can register on Thursday night at WYC or Wednesday at MYC
(or you can register the morning of the event, that's always fun...).
http://www.wineonwayzatabay.com/Regatta/tabid/439/Default.aspx

We can also set up an online payment option for your boat if you wish to
solicit donations via-email and not handle money, it makes your life easy
and just takes a few minutes, just ask and I'll set you up.
http://www.wineonwayzatabay.com/SponsororDonate/BoatSponsorships/tabid/448/Default.aspx

RACING ON THE COURSE WITH MYC
We will be running a trapezoid course (like Thursdays with all  MYC fleets,
similar to the Burton Cup. MYC will start first and race on the left, WYC
will start second and race on the right side. Most MYC racers are just
racing their regular Champ Series and many (as sailors can be) probably
won't know what's going on. Please be polite and helpful, play nice, and
encourage everyone to participate in the full regatta in 2009. More
instructions from Blake below...

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM P.R.O. BLAKE MIDDLETON
Hello everyone!
This weekend is the start of what we hope will be a new June tradition that
will involve both the Wayzata and Minnetonka Yacht Clubs sailing together!
We're going to combine the race management staff, boats and equipment
resources of both clubs. That will allow us to run the 8th Annual American
Diabetes Association ADA regatta in conjunction with the regular MYC Weekend
Championship (and related series) races... all at the same time using a
large modified trapezoid course with two parallel windward legs
side-by-side. If you've ever sailed on WYC's Sunday and Thursday races the
past two years, you already know what this looks like, but if not, you are
in for a treat!

The special (and very simple) Sailing Instructions for the weekend are
posted on the Official Notice Boards at both WYC & MYC, and the link to find
them on the web page is included with this email.

The SIs include the details, but the only key items you need to know now
are:

1) All fleets for both clubs will start at the bottom right side of the
course, using the Wayzata YC Signal Boat, Jurisprudence.

2) All MYC Fleets will start first, followed by all WYC fleets for both
races each day.

3) The Radio channel for Race Committee communications this weekend only is
VHF 68, instead of 72.

4) NOBODY is being forced to enter the ADA regatta, but ALL MYC Fleets and
boats are welcome to participate. Go to WYC.org for the links on how to
enter and/or contribute to this great cause! Representatives from the
American Diabetes Association will be at Lighthouse Island after the races
on Wednesday to answer all your questions!

5) Copies of the SIs & course diagram will be distributed to MYC members at
Lighthouse Island on Wednesday night, and at Bug Island on Saturday morning.

6) Questions can be directed to me in person on Wed. at MYC, Thurs. at WYC,
or Friday at the fantastic event Wine tasting party at WYC. (I gave up
drinking the morning after I started in 1977, but I'll be there!) Tickets
and info for that are at WYC.org. Questions can also be addressed to me by
email at MYC at aol.com

I look forward to seeing everyone sailing together on Lake Minnetonka
supporting (both directly and indirectly) a GREAT cause to help us battle
Diabetes!

Full Sailing Instructions at...
http://www.wineonwayzatabay.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=c0j0wZNGjgo%3d&tabid=469
or...   www.WineOnWayzataBay.com > Regatta > Sailing Instructions

Blake Middleton
Race Manager, Principal Race Officer, and "powerboat" rep at the annual
Championship of Champions races
Minnetonka & Wayzata Yacht Clubs