Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - September 19, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri Sep 19 13:32:30 CDT 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - September 19, 2008

This Issue
- Talk Like A Pirate Day
- Fall Regatta
- Star of the North Regatta
- Richardson Trophy

FALL REGATTA
The best chili north of Lake Ray Hubbard will be at Wayzata Yacht Club after
the Fall Regatta on Sunday. Two races on Saturday, one on Sunday. All boats,
everyone is there. And it's FREE, even the corn bread.
http://wyc.org/Default.aspx?alias=wyc.org/phrf

TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY
Just because I'm not writing like a pirate, that doesn't mean I'm not a big
fan of today's official Talk Like A Pirate Day. Go ahead, live a little.
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

STAR OF THE NORTH REGATTA
The new regatta on the block this year amps up the Capri Words (as if that
was possible) to include the Sonar and S2-7.9 fleets. Racing Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday with food, music, a middle distance race, and even buoy
racing.  Today is the last day for discounted registration. If your boat
hasn't signed up already, convince 'em to register online at
http://wyc.org/star

RICHARDSON TROPHY
The Richardson Trophy will be raced for October 10-11 at WYC. Think about
doing some spectating of the best match racing in the Midwest.
http://wyc.org/Default.aspx?alias=wyc.org/star

WAYZATA NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED
Our beloved home town was recently named as one of the best small sailing
towns in America. Check it out, and congratulations to all of you who make
the world a better place with one design racing and bbq grills.
http://www.sailingworld.com/racing-views/editorscorrespondents/the-good-life-five-great-sailing-towns-you-may-not-know-about-1000065008.html

J24 FLEET #1 - CONGRATULATIONS
Congratulations to the J24 fleet and all the other club members who helped
make the recent J24 NAs such a great success. These events happen on the
backs of dedicated club members. THANK YOU! Great work to everyone who
helped make it happen. Congratulations also to Chad and Sue Olness for
qualifying for the J24 Worlds.
http://www.j24northamericans.com/