Wayzata Yacht Club - E-Blaster - April 22, 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Wed Apr 22 13:02:00 CDT 2009

Wayzata Yacht Club - E-Blaster - April 22, 2009

COMMODORE'S COMMENTS
Boats are going in and sailing has begun. The kids are racing and freezing their tails off, the adults are watching from the patio and raising masts, Bren is working 16 hour days, and the Bert-n-Ernie Seminar Show is on tap in a couple weeks. All the usual signs of spring in my book.

Transparancy is a popular term as of late. We haven't made any big changes to club operations, but we are trying to make them more visible. With that in mind, I've added a few new pages to the "WYC Board" section of our website. Yes, they are mostly empty right now, but check in from time to time to see what's up, volunteer, or ask a question.

- Volunteer Opportunities: We're a volunteer club, this page gives you the opportunity to offer a skill or view the job board. Managed by Dutch Bull.
http://wyc.org/WYCBoard/VolunteerOpportunities/tabid/836/Default.aspx
- Board Meeting Summary: This page gives you a brief outline of what your BOD is working on and information about how to see more details about club operations. Managed by Terry Foster.
http://wyc.org/WYCBoard/BoardMeetingSummary/tabid/837/Default.aspx
- List your Jr. Sailors in the Log Book: Full (Family) members can now include the names of your kids in the log book (because they are also members). If you'd like to include them in the 2009 Log Book, simply use our online membership info update form.
http://wyc.org/Portals/0/forms-docs/MembershipForm.pdf

JOIN WYC
If you regulary sail, park, hang out, use the bathroom, visit the website, read this e-mail or do much of anything at WYC, it all costs money. So be a member and step up. Pay online by visiting this address.
http://wyc.org/AboutWYC/JoinWYC/tabid/560/Default.aspx

SEMINAR - THIS THURSDAY - FLEET CHAMPION TIPS
Thursday April 23rd - 6:30pm at WYC Clubhouse
Actual "Rock Star" sailors from different fleets will line up to answer your questions. This should be good and relevant. Only reason to not attend this is if you're a presenter. Happy Hour with Apps included.
http://mwst.org/Training_Events_Schedule.html

WCSC - SCOUTING PROGRAM
A new and popular program at the sailing center allows Scouts to earn their Small Boat Sailing merit badge or the Girl Scout Smooth Sailing Interest Project. Pass the word to any scouts you knows.
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/Learning/BoyScoutGirlScoutCamp/tabid/428/Default.aspx

WINE ON WAYZATA BAY - WINE TASTING & REGATTA
June 12, 13, 14, 2009
You already know how this works, and you know it's a blast. It's early in the season so get on the case pronto. Several boats are already raising funds for the ADA.

- Silent Auction Items: Donations currently being accepted. An easy way to make a difference. Everyone has something to give.
 http://wineonwayzatabay.com/SilentAuction/tabid/443/Default.aspx
- Wine Tasting Tickets: Currently available online. It will cost more at the door, but they sold out last year, so get your tickets now.
http://wineonwayzatabay.com/HomeWineEvent/tabid/419/Default.aspx
- Race the Regatta: You can raise funds online for your boat by simply asking to be listed and then e-mailing your friends. No need to collect checks. You don't even have to race the regatta!
http://wineonwayzatabay.com/SponsororDonate/BoatSponsorships/tabid/448/Default.aspx

ADVERTISE IN THE WYC LOGBOOK
Sell to people who already like you. It's a simple plan, and an inexpensive, high-value, advertising option.
http://wyc.org/Portals/0/forms-docs/logads.pdf

MORNING LIGHT MOVIE TICKETS NOW ON SALE
May 20th - 7:00pm  at The Excelsior Dock - ONE night only.
Pass the word, invite your friends to this movie event.
If your interested in the movie only (ticket $15 each) use this link.
Note: We expect this to sell out. So act now.
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/CalendarNewsEvents/MorningLightMovie/tabid/430/Default.aspx

MORNING LIGHT BOOK SIGNING
May 20th - 4:30pm at WYC Clubhouse
Meet Robbie Haines (ML Coach and 1980 Gold Medalist) at WYC before the movie.  This event includes book signing with heavy apps and refreshments, and a movie ticket. You can also purchase books or posters for signing at the event.
Note: We expect this to sell out. So act now.
http://www.wyc.org/Groups/MorningLightBookSigning/tabid/818/Default.aspx

All of these activities brought to you by the great people who volunteer their time to our local sailing community. Thank You!

See you on the water!