WYC E-Blastser - April 12-2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Sun Apr 12 11:35:21 CDT 2009

Wayzata Yacht Club - E-Blaster - April 12, 2009

Commodore's Comments: Nineteen days, twenty two hours and thirty eight minutes until the Cool Regatta starts. I can see Bren from the Wayzata Bay webcam right now cleaning the evil ice out of the bay, and everything else at the club is just starting to kick off. Lots of great stuff this year. Don't forget to save May 2nd on your calendar, it's club cleanup day and your chance to do a little something. Here's what's up for the next month or so...

---------------------------------------

MATCH RACING SEMINAR - LARS HANSEN
April 16th -  - 6:30pm at WYC Clubhouse
Lars from Mars will be handing out his match racing secrets like chocolate eggs at an Easter egg hunt this Thursday at the WYC Seminar.
http://www.wyc.org/Seminars/WinterSeminars/tabid/644/Default.aspx

MWST SEMINAR: FLEET CHAMPION TIPS SEMINAR
April 23 - 6:30pm at WYC Clubhouse
Gain inside tips from sailors at the top of your fleet from the 2008 season, sharing what it takes to win and consistently do well. Our panel of sailing champions will include people from every fleet.  Happy hour at 6:30. Seminar at 7:00pm.
http://mwst.org/Training_Events_Schedule.html

MORNING LIGHT MOVIE TICKETS NOW ON SALE
May 20th - 7:00pm  at The Excelsior Dock
News of this movie is just starting to get out to the general public. Tickets will sell fast once it does, so buy yours now, ONLINE, so I don't have to keep reminding you. Here's an idea, buy 10 tickets (all proceeds go to the WCSC) and give them out to the neighbor kids.
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/CalendarNewsEvents/MorningLightMovie/tabid/430/Default.aspx

MORNING LIGHT BOOK SIGNING
May 20th - 4:30pm at WYC Clubhouse
Meet Robbie Haines (ML Coach and 1980 Gold Medalist) at WYC before the movie.  This event includes book signing with heavy apps and refreshments, and a movie ticket. You can also purchase books or posters for signing at the event.
http://www.wyc.org/Groups/MorningLightBookSigning/tabid/818/Default.aspx

WINE ON WAYZATA BAY & ADA REGATTA
June 12 (WOWB) and 13-14 (Regatta)
It's sooner than you think. Wine Tasting tickets are now available online. It's going to be bigger and better this year, so get your tickets sooner rather than later.
http://wineonwayzatabay.com/

CAPPY CAPPER
He's home and reportedly doing well enough now that I pulled his news headline from the wyc.org homepage. (Much to Cappy's relief, I expect.) Cappy is progressing steadily, but meals (for the family) and audio books are still greatly appreciated.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/cappycapper

SAILING CENTER - SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION (psst...pass the word)
Dave Elsmo (the interim Sailing Director at the WCSC) is also doing well and adjusting to his new duties. Don't forget this is summer camp sign-up season, so forward this address to your friends who might want their kids involved in summer camps this summer. Word of mouth is always the most effective form of marketing!
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/Learning/ChooseaClass/tabid/153/Default.aspx

LOST SLEEP IS LOST
Dave Eckman's family is looking for his San Juan 24, Lost Sleep. I'm not really sure where old MORC boats go to die, but if you know where this one is please contact Steve Truax ( steve.truax at comcast.net )