Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - January 21, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Wed Jan 21 10:30:34 CST 2009

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - January 21, 2008

1-22-09 - THURSDAY SEMINAR-SOCIAL
Tomorrow we're having our first winter seminar of the season. Swing down,
catch up on gossip and have a great evening.
6:30 - Pizza and refreshments - Social Time
7:00ish - Ernie Brody "tips from an old salt".  Ernie is going to cover all
the things you should know but were too clueless to ask. This will be a bit
of an open forum and should be fun.

Pay at the door or sign up online
http://wyc.org/Seminars/WinterSeminars/tabid/644/Default.aspx

WINTER SEMINAR SEASON PASS
There are four seminars planned for 2009, but you can see them all for the
price of three by paying online right now. It's a deal, and it's a better
investment than the stock market. An entire winter of joy for only $60.
(again, proceeds go toward the Sailing Center)
http://wyc.org/Seminars/WinterSeminars/tabid/644/Default.aspx

PHRF REGATTAS
Oh sure the OD folks get all the regatta glory, but we too often forget
there are some great regattas around for handicap boats.

LOWISA is a longstanding right of passage for WYC sailors and a very unique
regatta, and the Leech Lake regatta is about easiest and friendliest place
you could ever visit. And let's not forget about a week in the Apostle
Islands doing RACEWEEK, it's heaven on earth. If you can haul your boat home
at the end of the season you can haul your boat to any one of these great
(and very affordable) regattas. Best of all, you don't have to be a one
design. Go For It!

LOWISA NO BOAT REGATTA
1-31-2009 - 7:00pm at WYC
Learn about LOWISA 44 and tell lies about previous races.
http://www.lowisa.org/ or contact sailinfo at lowisa.org

LEECH LAKE REGATTA
2-27-2009 6:00pm at WYC
An informational meeting for the Leech Lake Regatta. Social with
refreshments at 6:00 with meeting starting at 7:00pm.
http://www.shoresofleechlake.com/regatta.htm

BAYFIELD RACE WEEK
Fourth of July - http://bayfieldraceweek.org  (not yet updated for 2009)

ST CROIX LABOR DAY INVITE
and one more.... http://www.stcroixsailing.com/Labor%20Day%2008.htm

LEUKEMIA CUP
September 19-21 - www.leukemiacup.org/mn

And Finally
WYC PRETTY FINAL BUT STILL TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
http://wyc.org/Portals/0/forms-docs/schedule-09.pdf
(thanks, Terry!)