weathermark at wyc.org - June 19 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri Jun 19 10:46:31 CDT 2009

The WYC E-Blaster   Weathermark at wyc.org - June 19 2009

A SERIES (Father's Day) PARTY
The J22 Fleet is on top of the A Series Party this year with a Father's Day theme including blow boat races, some giant moon walk bouncy thing for the kids (of all ages), and FOOD. This is a Man Council National Holiday, so after letting Dad race, bring the kids down to the club and let's have some quality time as a sailing family. June 21, starts after the Champ race (3:30ish..).

MIKE PLANT REGATTA
The WCSC TCYS Friday regatta is happening today, RIGHT NOW. Visit www.WayzataSailing.org to check out their live feeds during the day. It's Friday and I know you're looking for an excuse to surf instead of work....

KIDS LISTED IN THE LOG BOOK
This notice seemed to get lost in the shuffle, but we're now offering Full (formerly called Family) members the option of listing your children (under age 25) in the club log book. It's voluntary, but if your kids sail they are members, too! Just send dallas at dallasjohnson.net an e-mail in the next 24 hours and we'll edit your Log Book listing to include the short people.

HORIZON TRUE
I little free love for Jeff Mootz who was recently helping ESPN cover the college nationals with his Horizon True camera.
http://www.ussailing.org/video/fliqz/index.html?vid=50faa10cbb834fe0b942567c4390a239

WYC CHANGE NOTICE #4
Check out the real (and official) notice on the club notice board!
- July 19: Third B Series Warning Time Is CHANGED To 1400 hours
- Aug 2: End of B Series party MOVED to Aug 9
- Aug 22: Burton Cup MOVED to Aug 29
- Aug 29: Women's Cup Race MOVED to Sept 5

ADA REGATTA - WINE ON WAYZATA BAY
What a great event. The wind was light but we got the races in. The economy is also light but we and the Wayzata community managed to raise approximately $35,000 for Diabetes research and education. Way to Go!  Thank you to Bob and Pete and Ryann and the ADA Staff and the Wayzata Muni and the entire ADA Regatta Committee.

LONAR
The Lonar Race is tomorrow when all the Sonar sailors do the Big Island single handed. Salute them when you see them!

LEUKEMIA REGATTA
The White Bear folks have invited us to a VIP event for their fundraiser regatta. Monday June 22, 6-8pm someplace in Maplewood. contact Jared.Nielsen at lls.org or call 763-852-3004 to get the low down.

NEED CANVAS REPAIR?
Ship Shape Canvas will be at Crows Nest Yachts for their open house on June 20th (Saturday) from 9-4. They will make canvas repairs while you wait in exchange for a one dollar per minute donation to Second Harvest Food Shelves. A good deal and a good cause.