Wayzata Yacht Club - E-Blaster - May 1, 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri May 1 11:26:38 CDT 2009

Wayzata Yacht Club - E-Blaster - May 1, 2009

COMMODORE'S COMMENTS
The Cool Ice Breaker is tomorrow! In light of this I couldn't care less about any of the important activities listed below. But I'm sure they are important to some of you. Don't worry, I suspect I'll be back on the Commodore job Monday. But right now you're on your own.

CLEAN UP DAY
Is it a coincidence the J22 Regatta happens on clean-up day? Probably...NOT. But you can't complain if you don't show up for clean-up day tomorrow morning. You don't need to bring anything other than some work cloths. Show up around 9:00, find Steve Bren or Dutch Bull, and ask to see the job list. Lunch is provided, and if you find the J22 stash of party supplies, all the better.

I've also added a "project suggestion" link on our WYC Volunteer Page. Have at it....
http://www.wyc.org/WYCBoard/VolunteerOpportunities/tabid/836/Default.aspx

INIKI CLEAN UP DAY DEAL
If you show up for Clean UP Day and WYC, Iniki.com will give you an additional 10% off your existing 15% WYC discount for any orders over $75. Some SLAM clothing is a nice way to reward yourself for doing a little feel-good project at the club. Call for your discount when placing your order at...
www.Iniki.com

FLEET CAPTAIN MEETING
10:00am Tomorrow. Also, NOT a coincidence that it happens on clean-up day. This is a good time to send your fleet captain any comments that you would like them to discuss at the meeting for 2009 racing. If you're fleet captain can't make the meeting, you better find a delegate.
http://www.Front-Patio-of-WYC

J24 WORLDS
Zoom and OZ are the J24 Worlds this week. Please send them all fast thoughts! Good luck finding the results via the J24 website (uh...hello, Twitter anyone?)
http://www.j24worldchampionship2009.com/

MATCH RACING
Match Racing Kick Off Meeting.  Monday May 11th, 6 PM at the clubhouse.  Come out and find out what Match Racing is all about and how you can get involved.  For more information contact Dan at wyc at yrugl.org

MN WOMENS SAILING TEAM
The MWST is one of the very best Women's sailing groups in the Midwest. Every year they bring female sailors into our club and continue to promote the sport. Their 2009 kick-off party was last Wednesday (sorry, Jenny), but you can still visit their website to join and get involved.
www.mwst.org

WINE ON WAYZATA BAY - WINE TASTING & REGATTA
June 12, 13, 14, 2009
This is going to be a SUPER BIG event this year.
- Wine Tasting Tickets: Currently available online. It will cost more at the door, but they sold out last year, so get your tickets now.
http://wineonwayzatabay.com/HomeWineEvent/tabid/419/Default.aspx
- Race the Regatta: You can raise funds online for your boat by simply asking to be listed and then e-mailing your friends. No need to collect checks. You don't even have to race the regatta!
http://wineonwayzatabay.com/SponsororDonate/BoatSponsorships/tabid/448/Default.aspx
- Silent Auction Items: Donations currently being accepted. An easy way to make a difference. Everyone has something to give.
http://wineonwayzatabay.com/SilentAuction/tabid/443/Default.aspx

ADVERTISE IN THE WYC LOGBOOK
Get on with it, before you forget.
http://wyc.org/Portals/0/forms-docs/logads.pdf

MORE REMINDERS
  a.. MORNING LIGHT MOVIE TICKETS
  http://www.wayzatasailing.org/CalendarNewsEvents/MorningLightMovie/tabid/430/Default.aspx
  b.. MORNING LIGHT BOOK SIGNING
  http://www.wyc.org/Groups/MorningLightBookSigning/tabid/818/Default.aspx
  c.. WCSC - YOUTH SAILING CAMPS & ADULT LESSONS
  www.WayzataSailing.org
  d.. JOIN WYC
  http://wyc.org/AboutWYC/JoinWYC/tabid/560/Default.aspx

See you at the Cool!