Weathermark @ www.WYC.org - January 20, 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Wed Jan 20 08:19:32 CST 2010

Weathermark @ www.WYC.org - January 20, 2009

TEAM RACING SEMINAR
Our first winter seminar is tomorrow January 21st with Blake Middleton talking about team racing. Sure, the place is going to be packed with Sonarians, but don't let that deter you. Stop by, enjoy some pizza and a drink during happy hour and learn a few things about the fastest growing area of our sport.

And it's not too late to pick up a discounted SEASON PASS for all winter seminars. Pay online and pay-up-front to save.
http://wyc.org/Seminars/WinterSeminars/tabid/644/Default.aspx

HAITI
When the tsunamis hit Indonesia, WYC members stepped up big time to support fishermen in that area with over $20,000 in donations to the locally operated ARC. Haiti is one of those places most often sailed past and not visited on winter sailing trips, but their need is great. If you planned on giving and have not yet done so, I suggest you support the ARC.

If you listen to the local news, Monte Achenbach has been speaking for the ARC and he has been in Haiti before and now after the earthquake. I graduated with him from Wayzata High School and if you want to support a local effort I encourage you to visit www.ARCrelief.org and make a donation.

WINTER FLEET MEETINGS
I can't keep up with the entire schedule of events, but all the fleet meetings and winter parties are starting to get going. If you don't know when or where your winter fleet meeting is, contact your fleet captain and see what's up.

AMERICA'S CUP
If it happens, and if it's televised, we're going to try to do something at the clubhouse on the big screen. Should be February 8th with any luck. But we're not planning anything until they nail down the schedule. So there.

MPLS BOAT SHOW
The boat show starts today and runs through Sunday. While WYC won't have a booth there, but there are sailing seminars. George Hansen (Sr I think) is even giving a lecture on Thursday and Sunday about sailing the Apostles, so go pack the room and give him some grief.
http://www.minneapolisboatshow.com/attendees/features/seminars.aspx?source=inhousemin2010

FEBRUARY 20th - WYC WINTER PARTY
Save the date! The unexpected hit of last winter is pushing it's luck with another round of broomball, bonfire, and cold weather.