Weathermark @ www.WYC.org - January 30, 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Sat Jan 30 09:31:35 CST 2010

Weathermark @ www.WYC.org - January 30, 2009

RACING SPECTATOR EVENT TODAY (Action Item-RIGHT NOW)
The St. Paul Winter Carnival is hosting ice boat racing on a closed circuit 1/4mile oval race course on Lake Phalen TODAY. You can see last year's video at www.WYC.org, but better yet, get off your rear and head over to check out he racing. This is a fantastic chance to bring the spouse and the kids and friends to see what a crazy sport ice boating is from this compact and spectator friendly racing format. There are plenty of other events going at Lake Phalen as well including bike races, xc skiing, kite flying, "family day events" and who knows what else. Best of all, have dinner and then watch the Torch Light Parade and fireworks.
http://www.iceboating.net/node/2978 or
http://www.winter-carnival.com/events/

NORTH U TRIM SEMINAR
WYC family members run some great seminars, but the folks at North U crank it up all the way to "11".  February 13th (Saturday) a full day seminar TRIM seminar will be hosted at the WYC clubhouse. Registration for these events is always a last minute affair, but current pace indicates a sellout, so please please please get online and register ASAP. This event is open to sailors from all clubs and all cruising or racing backgrounds!!
http://wyc.org/Seminars/2010NorthUSeminar/tabid/868/Default.aspx or
http://wyc.org/Portals/0/Forms-seminars/NU-Trim_evite_Wayzata2.pdf

33rd AMERICAS CUP
If you're not addicted to the soap opera known as the America's Cup, then please ignore this paragraph. If you are, then please stop by the clubhouse at 3:00am on the morning of February 8th to watch a live feed of Race 1 on the big screen. Either you get it, or you don't; and I'm not going to bother explaining. I will say that between wind ranges and court papers it's hard to know if a race will actually happen, so check www.WYC.org for a possible event cancellation notice before leaving.
http://33rd.americascup.com/en/

YOUTH SAILING CAMPS
Yup, it's that time of the year. Get your kids signed up before classes fill.
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/

FEBRUARY 20th - WYC WINTER PARTY
Save the date! The unexpected hit of last winter is pushing it's luck with another round of broomball, bonfire, and cold weather.

STOP DIABETES (notice: big deal)
WYC will be honored with the "Stop Diabetes: Give Award" this spring at the annual ADA Gala this spring for raising over $300,000 for the ADA from our ADA Regatta and Wine on Wayzata Bay event. This is a huge honor and a big round of thanks is in order for all the ADA volunteers, sponsors, and participants who have made this event happen over the past decade. THANK YOU and GREAT WORK.

This is a great time to jump on the bandwagon as a corporate sponsor for the 2010 event. Contact me personally if your business (or you have a contact) might be interested in being apart of the coolest spring fundraising event in all of Wayzata.  This is so much more than just WYC, and you should be apart if it.  Contact: Commodore at wyc.org or 952-935-3465.