WYC E-BLASTER - July 20, 2010

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Jul 20 10:34:44 CDT 2010

WYC E-BLASTER - July 20, 2010

TAKE A KID SAILING (TACKS)
July 31 at 1:00pm after the Women's races WYC will be sponsoring a kids sailing event. Depending on weather we'll either sail around Big Island, make up an informal distance race, or just swim and play in the bay as we motor around. We do know that we'll start with some hot dogs, gutter races, a bit of a safety instruction, and a bunch of kids around to make sailing a kid focused event for the day.

We already have several scout troops lined up (apparently gutter racing is a merit badge) and we are extending an open welcome to any skipper to bring some kids out sailing for the day.

If you have questions or just want to make sure we have enough hot dogs, contact Rudy Rudenburg to give him a heads up RSVP.   Anyone with kids is welcome, just make sure that as skipper you watch out for the kids on your boat.
612-201-7238  or ruedenbergs at gmail.com

CRAWL ALERT
Starting around 6:00pm this Friday the Crawladore will be preparing a full moon lake crawl with the pre-event musical stylings of Slow Dancing Dick Hanson and a scheduled appearance of the old man on the moon at 9:28pm. If you don't know how this works, get your running lights working and get ready to crawl.

MONDAY MATCH RACING IS NOW ON SUNDAYS
It's so popular that it's moved up a day to Sunday mornings. If you want to be a rock star, this is where you do it. Talk to Mac and get involved.
http://www.yrugl.org/c/lsya/wyc/WYCMatchRacing.html

TEAM BUILDING
Upsher-Smith recently sponsored a team building event with members of the MORC fleet including Mary Rotunno, Bob Cragg, Ed Nelson, Dick Jackson, and Jeff Kirby.  Eighteen non-sailors sailed on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon with a perfect breeze for a three hour tour.  Upsher-Smith (which was founded just a few blocks from WYC) donated $800 to the Wayzata Sailing Foundation for the MORC fleet's efforts. Thanks!

REAL BOATS ON A REAL LAKE
Eight tall ships from around the world are converging upon Duluth for the week long Duluth Tall Ships Festival starting July 28th. I'm unsure of their PHRF ratings but I'm sure they will be racing with DYC in their racing programs. Check it out at....
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/travel/94592714.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU