[AIS] Re: Bayfield Raceweek Race Areas

Mike Spence Mike_Spence at ellerbebecket.com
Mon Jun 9 11:31:43 CDT 2003

Jonathan bring up a good point for the "smaller boats", and I agree we
should consider a shorter course for the boats over PHRF of 130 + or -, but
we need to keep the regular AIS boats sailing the same course to allow us
to count Race Week as our Summer Series.

I have recommended be form 3 groups (A = 3 - 60, B = 60 to 90, C = 90 to
120) and then start the C fleet first.  This will allow the AIS group to
sail the same course and for Chewy not to wait so long for Freedom and Red
Hawk to finish.  I would guess the remaining boats will be in either the D
fleet or their own one design fleet.

Mike Spence
Ellerbe Becket Inc.
mike_spence at ellerbebecket.com
612-376-2266

                      "Jonathan
                      McDonagh"                To:      "'Mike Spence'" <Mike_Spence at ellerbebecket.com>,
                      <jonathan at mcdona         "'John McQuillan'" <mnsailorguy at hotmail.com>
                      gh.com>                  cc:      <ais at lists.wyc.org>, <ais-bounces at lists.wyc.org>,
                                               <bert at apexq.com>, <chairperson at bayfieldraceweek.org>,
                      06/09/2003 10:10         <georgejohns9296 at msn.com>, <herb at eworld3.net>
                      AM                       Subject/Project:     RE: [AIS] Re: Bayfield Raceweek Race
                                               Areas

>From the peanut gallery.

The time limit should be set at a 5 knot average for the first boat over
the
distance of the race.  Because it is going to take the slower boats quite a
bit longer or are you planning on having different course for the B and C
classes.  I know several people who are planning on coming the race week
with J-22s and J-24s and we will want them to come back.  I would recommend
a shorter course for the slower boats.

Thanks
jonathan