[AIS] Re: Bayfield Raceweek Race Areas

Herb herb at eworld3.net
Mon Jun 9 11:46:36 CDT 2003

Also my 2 cents worth is we can't allow the whole week's schedule to be
determined by an outside party (namely Madeline Island Historical Museum).
If there is enough wind at the right direction to go around Cat Island as
Jonathan notes then fine. Otherwise (and if it is that important to them) we
could propose to do the Cat Island Chase at another time and not in the
middle of race week.

They have been very generous to donate a perpetual trophy to the race and to
keep interest in racing alive but maybe it isn't a good fit with the
direction of race week if they insist that the race be conducted around Cat
Island.
I can't even remember the last time we did that entire course. I can
however, vividly recall being asked by the RC to pick up the bouy at the
south end of the island around 7pm and getting in around 12:30AM. I also
vividly recall how irritated the previous sponsors (Bate's) were that the
fleet didn't get done before the bar closed and the banquet they had spread
out went to waste....

Herb