[Capri25] Fwd: Fw: David K Band - Please Read This is an Outrage

Carmen Velarde navytartan at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 12:30:36 CST 2005

Hello Everyone:

I am sending this to you with your urgent support.

Below is an email that was distributed to about 2,000 people in the Twin Cities.  Apparently David K. Band is advertising for people to come to our Awards Banquet Party at $20.00 ahead.  I don't need to tell you to do the math to know how many Tom, Dick and Harrys will be showing up at what I believed to be a PRIVATE party.  This is a great disrespect to our event and WYC.

I spoke with Mary Beth Hovey (who is organizing the banquet) and she is will be speaking to David regarding this matter.  It was an original understanding that David would invite just a few people but a few people is a few hundred.

Let us hope that Mary Beth will be able to convince David to retract the email immediately so we may hold on to the dignity of our yacht club.

Good luck Mary Beth.

Carmen "CC" Velarde