[Capri25] Backstay question -- Reminder on WYC Capri 25 Fleet Rules

Glenn Selvin ghselvin at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 30 22:40:18 UTC 2008

I have no major gripes with the build quality of the Capri 25.  Ok, so it has zero back up plates.  Ok, so they could have made that front tang longer so that it'd be able to be bolted to the hull with more than just one bolt.  Ok, so the spreaders are a bit cheesey.  Ok, so they use cheap, plastic sheaves.  Ok, ....

But no, really, its a great little boat!  But they just could have done a better job.  I mean, come one.  That front tang for the headstay?  Would it have killed them to have made it a whopping six inches longer and then to have bolted it to the hull, so that all of us boat owners didn't have to freaking do it for them?  On the other hand, my boat has lasted since '82 without peeling up the deck, but still...