[Capri25] Jan. 23 Capri-25 Fleet Meeting Agenda

Glenn Selvin ghselvin at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 20 19:48:05 UTC 2009

To all potential charters:
I don't know if we mentioned it previously, but, if you charter me and my crew your boat, you'll also get a tax credit.  See, I'm legally blind and deaf.  We have this HUGE white cane on the front of Suicidal Bird, so that, in light air on those pesky port/starboard crosses, I can hear the cane hit the other boat prior to me t-boning it.  So far, its worked.  The foredeck guy yells at me, but, being deaf, I can't hear him.  So I can only wait for the vibration of the white cane flexing.

But alas, Dan McNamara promises heavy air.  I'll try to bring a longer white cane to duct tape to the front of the boat for those crosses, but being blind and deaf, heavy air can be dicey.

Ken does a great job, though, of sitting next to me and telling me how to avoid hitting other boats in my handicapped state.  You know, one tap on my knee to head up to avoid a collission, two taps on my knee to tell me to bear off.  And again, so far its worked.  So really, feel confident in your decision to charter me your boat.  Oh, and we'll bring lots of rubbing compound to buff out all those huge holes we'll be punching in the bow.  Oh, and duct tape, lots and lots of duct tape.

Ok, fine.  See?  This is why I need that straight jacket!  And to think they give me a keyboard and email here in what we like to call...  "The Ward."

Ok, fine, I'm kidding!!!  I promise I won't beat the shit out of your boat, and that we'll treat it like our own.