[Capri25] G-Series #6 Canceled

Beth Frampton beth.frampton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 22:12:12 CDT 2010

While I don't claim to know what Blake was thinking, I appreciate his call
tonight. At the time of his announcement we were surrounded by severe
thunderstorm and tornado warnings. In fact at least one Minnesotan was
killed by a tornado this evening.

Calling the race early provided anyone who wasn't entirely comfortable with
the weather an extra incentive to go home where they might be safer. While
it is not Blake's responsibility to protect us from harm, I believe he was
looking at the bigger picture and perhaps put safety ahead of race protocol.
How can we fault him for that?

Respectfully,

Beth Frampton

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Odell Tuttle <otuttle at gmail.com> wrote:

> WYC Race Committee,
>
> I respectfully request that the PRO refrain from announcing a
> race cancellation prior to the officially allowed time.  This practice
> results in people leaving the club area early, and prevents the opportunity
> for a PRO change-of-mind if the situation changes.  As I observed tonight,
> it also creates unnecessary opportunities for protest.  I request that the
> PRO consider postponement on the water or ashore until it is absolutely
> clear that the weather will not improve.
>
> I realize that the PRO position in our club is an extremely difficult
> position and comes with many difficult decisions.  This message should be
> considered constructive feedback.
>
> Thanks,
> Odell
>

> --