[Capri25] Rumble in the Bay

Temple Blackwood temple.blackwood at infor.com
Mon Apr 29 16:45:18 CDT 2013

As I hope you have all heard the race committee is making Rumble in the Bay a regular feature for several of the fleets. We will have one Sunday in each of June, July and August where we have several back-to-back races in the style we have done the last several years as Rumble in the Bay.

I have been remiss however in getting feedback from you all on this. We still need to tell the race committee a few details of how we want these to run. I would like a response from as many Boat Owners and Crew Representatives as I can get. Please answer the following items.

Start time:
They will not start a race after 3:00 pm. When do we want the first race to start? 10 - 11 - 12 - 1 - 2

Scoring:
We could aggregate all the races from one Sunday Rumble and count it as a single race within the given Sunday series.
Or we could count the 3 Sunday's when we Rumble as its own series. (If it is its own series, how many throwouts should we have?)
Or we could count each Rumble on its own.

As I said, we need to get these answers to the race committee ASAP. If I don't get enough responses in the next couple of days to get a clear idea of the Fleet's wishes, I will make an executive decision which will be:
Start at 12:00.
Maximum number of races 10.
Each Sunday Rumble will be scored on its own and not count towards the Champ series.
And, since I started home-brewing this winter, I will offer a 12-pack of home-brew as the prize for each Rumble.

-       Temple

Temple Blackwood - Systems Configuration Engineer
office: 651-767-4063 | mobile: 651-894-3683 | home: 651-699-0598
temple.blackwood at infor<mailto:temple.blackwood at infor>.com  |  http://www.infor.com