[Capri25] Project Boat available or for Part-Out: Capri 25 #20

Projectmanagement at earthlink.net Projectmanagement at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 6 10:10:47 CDT 2014

Hello fellow Capri 25er from Austin, Texas,

I race a 1980 Capri 25 (#23) at AYC (austinyachtclub.org) and purchased a
2nd 1980 boat (hull #20) off Ebay on a whim to help build up a fleet.  It
turned into a project.  One boat is all I possibly have time to care for in
addition to all my other projects so I am offering everything I have down to
the last screw at a salvage price to keep the boat alive if anyone is
interested.    The hull, all of the hard parts, fittings, mast, boom, spin
pole, pulpits, stanchions, and standing rigging are in great shape and there
is a 4 hp Mercury 2 stroke with a fresh impeller that runs great.
Unfortunately, the boat was seriously neglected.  All of the plywood panels
were in bad shape from chain plate, hatch and window leaks so I pulled off
everything and separated the trip from the plywood to prep for a full hull
paint job and restoration.  So far the bottom is faired and topside hull has
scratches filled.   The plywood keel support was soft and was removed and I
have an entire bolt of fiberglass available to replace it.  The only other
supplies I have are new window gaskets and unopened cans of Interlux 2000
bottom expoy.  Any blisters I found were filled with West Epoxy.   After
replacing the gaskets on my other Capri, I found that paint remover works
great to remove the old glue.   I have an excellent spinnaker, the main is
poor, and the Dacron 100 and 130 are actually in good shape but have a
couple of light stains. 155 is missing.

I added a road worthy 5000# single axle trailer that I absolutely love.  It
is more maneuverable than a tandem and was used for J24 circuit before I
modified it to fit the Capri.      I am asking $2000 will would compete with
my scrap and sell-off alternative.  I learned that the keel alone will fetch
75 cents a pound.   If someone is interested, please let me know.

Web posting: http://www.austinyachtclub.net/marketplace/show-ad/?id=26

Photo posting: http://img.gg/qtNpZyD

Not shown are the tiller and rear pulpit.

Best regards,

Matthew

projectmanagement at earthlink.net

512-657-6570 m.