[J22-Fleet 1] bay racing and Districts

Michael Bowers msbowers55439 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 12:47:52 CDT 2014

J22 Fleet 1,

You guys did not disappoint.  I thought the response from the fleet would
be exactly what I got, but in the interests of being impartial and letting
everyone have their fair say I just put out the information as it was
provided to me.  I'd already responded to Bert that I did not believe there
would be any takers for this option out of the J22s.  The J24 fleet
responded the same way too.

Don't worry, we are not going to eliminate the bay series or alter it's
format.  If a few fleets decide to go do distance races, that is their
choice, but it will not affect us.

One unique idea that did come up that I thought was pretty cool was to have
one big PHRF race some time in the summer.  We already have this in the
Burton Cup, but we don't keep track of times for the 1 design classes.  I
see no reason why we couldn't track times and have an overall winner (ala
the Chicago Mac).  That might add a little more excitement to the event.

Thanks for the good comments and ideas.

As you've all already seen in other emails, the Districts are coming up.
John has taken care of trophies already.  I have not given any thought to
food yet....if someone wants to take that and run with it I'd be
appreciative.  Otherwise, I think the chicken from Cub worked out pretty
well last year.  That would be easy to repeat.

Mike