[Sonar] Commodore Cup vs Star of the North

J.R. (home) johnrainaldi at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 23 14:49:11 UTC 2008

Bert,

There should still be a start for the Sonar's for the Commodore Cup.
Amity III has been very careful to not use member on board races to the extent of the boat not having the boat go out for races so that if need be Bill would have the opportunity to sail the Commodore Cup Races.

If fleet #5 later chooses in the 11th hour not to score it as part of the Commodore Cup races than I guess that is the fleets or clubs choice.  You referred to the Lonar Cup and ADA and I agree that we changed the rules .... both were done at a official fleet meeting at the beginning of the year not after the fact.

I believe there still should be a Sonar Start for the Commodore Cup.
It is a different race and It has always been part of the schedule....
I believe a option could be to combine the long distance race of the Star of the North and the Commodore Cup race into one counted race that would accommodate both purposes.

J.R.