[Sonar] Final C series Race

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Thu Sep 17 16:42:11 CDT 2009

Hi All,
At Chris' house we discussed whether or not to join the SOTN and if
so we need to encourage the entire fleet to participate and not have
a Sunday race.  We even discussed that the Championship series would
be one race fewer.   Historically all fleets entering a Fleet regatta
(on Minnetonka) at WYC cancel their Sunday race.  This encourages
participation in the regatta + there are trophies presentation, thank
you s and clean up, and people have had enough racing at one time.  I
was remise in not getting the change notice up earlier, but have
never issued the change notice, because no one sailed the race.  It
is always true that toward the end of a series or a regatta, those
behind want another race to catch up, but it seem very unfair to
effect the 17 race Championship by changing the number of races at
the last minute.

The reason we allowed the races to be sailed when we were in
Sheboygan was most of the top half sailors were going and it was a
way to encourage the bottom half to get a high finish that would
encourage them without effecting the championship.

Bert