[Sonar] Official Fleet Rules

J.R. johnrainaldi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 00:10:46 CST 2010

My point last year and again this year will be that your point #3 is not
consistent with the Racing Rules of Sailing ... because that would exclude
boats from competing for boat of the year in that race .... this is
specifically prohibited in the RRS......  so the *club* (WYC) needs to
address BOTY scoring if boats are excluded from participation in part of
BOTY.

 "3. On days when the Star of the North regatta takes place there is no
Sonar race scored.  Or should we just say that during any regatta that the
fleet officially participates in there is no Sonar scoring for the
WYC series race on the same day?"

So we can exclude a race or a number of races from being counted for the
whole sonar fleet but the race would still need to held and scored for
anyone wishing to participate due to BOTY scoring / series.

JR