WAYZATA YACHT CLUB - E-BLASTER - MAY 18th - 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Mon May 18 10:07:17 CDT 2009

WAYZATA YACHT CLUB - E-BLASTER - MAY 18th - 2009

MORNING LIGHT MOVIE - LAST CALL

Wednesday - May 20th - One Night Only
This is THE event of the summer. Robbie Haines (gold medalist and Morning Light coach) is flying in for this special one night showing at the Excelsior Dock Cinema. Tickets are nearly sold out. To see a cool sailing movie in a cool theater with hundreds of other sailors and a chance to meet one of the stars of the movie including a Q&A just doesn't happen everyday in fly-over country. There are two ways to be a part of this event.

Option One: The Big Show
Bring the kids, invite your friends, this is your opportunity to show everyone what sailing is all about. A fantastic documentary about young (I now call 18-22 young) kids learning the skills and the fortitude needed to race a sailboat to Hawaii. This is what WYC does all summer long, it's what the WCSC does all summer long, except their not sailing around Big Island this time. Buy a pack of tickets for your friends and family, it's for a good cause, and they will thank you for the experience.  I know it's a school night, but who cares - 7:00pm, One Night Only, Excelsior Cinema.
Order tickets for 7:00pm showing at www.WayzataSailing.org

Option Two: The Meet & Greet
Robbie Haines will be at the WYC Clubhouse from 4:30-6:00 for a special, limited attendance, Meet & Greet Book Signing. This includes heavy apps, refreshments, and you can buy a book and a poster to have personally signed by Robbie. Only sixty ticket are available for this so you won't have to stand in line. Only about 12 tickets remain, so step up now. Your donation ($50 minimum, more if you'd like) includes food, refreshments, and a movie ticket.  Note: Your Commodore will also be there and is happy to sign your books/posters if you step up on the donation scale...
Order tickets for book signing w/tickets at www.WYC.org

Both of the above links have movie trailers, so if you're unsure what the movie is about go there to get a preview. You won't be disappointed.

I encourage you to forward this message to your friends who might be interested.

OTHER STUFF
  a.. Monday Match Racing: Happening Tonight at 6:30 a WYC, check it out or contact Dan McNamara for more information 612-866-9127.
  b.. Tuesday Seminar: Sail Shape and Trim with Gordy and Terry. Another classic seminar for both newbies and oldies.
  c.. Wednesday Morning Light: If you don't know about this by now, I can't help you.
  d.. Thursday Racing: Use the Trolley shuttle from the Wayzata Bay Center if you're late and have a great night of sailing.
  e.. Friday: rest
  f.. Saturday: On The Water Training Seminar - Graduation Cup, and first AIS race of the season.
  g.. Sunday: A Series
  h.. Details at www.WYC.org

See you at the Robbie Haines Book Signing!