[Sonar] North American Championship Measurement time slots

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 15:44:44 CDT 2011

All:

Those of you who are entering boats into the North American championships,
who have boats that are not already certified  (check at
http://www.sonar.org under 'Measurement Status') need to be measured.

On this surface,  this requires a pulling of the boat to weigh it,  pulling
of the mast at the gin pole for other measurements.   It will require that
boats  line up at the crane and gin pole in turn.  We're thinking that a
proper measurement will take about 45 min to an hour,  including all of the
boat movement/prep time.

Our resident measurer apprentice  (acting under authority of the class
measurer),  Ernest Brody will be taking appointments on the following days:

Mon-Wed Aug 29-31   4pm to 8pm

Tues-Wed Sept 6-7    4pm to 8pm.

We will need to get as many boats as possible measured within this time
frame because at regatta time will have boats from away that will need
measurement when they arrive as well as sail measurement for all. (sail
measurement typically happens immediately before the regatta)

I'm serving as the secretary for this operation.   Please email me with the
time slot by hour that would work best for you.   Have your boat ready at
the gin pole or crane at that time on the date of the appointment.

Also as a reminder,  each boat will need to have one Sonar class member as
the skipper on board as well as that person being a member of US Sailing
(which is by choice included in your WYC club membership).   For best
results,  please take care of that ASAP through http:/www.sonar.org

--
Thomas Brown